Friday, December 31, 2010

NEW YEAR'S EVE IN A HAUNTED HOUSE - 2010 GIVING WAY TO 2011 EDITION!

Photobucket

Well, here we are again, at the end of another year and the dawn of a new one.

And Father Time still looks scary as all heck! Or is that Father Christmas?

Either way, I have a ton of people to thank once again. Over the past 15 months, some have plugged this project on their blogs, websites, on Twitter and Facebook and the like; some have helped me out behind the scenes, and all have offered encouragement in general. And I appreciate all of you, I really do.

Here are a few of the folks whose support I am grateful for: Greg Hilbrich of The Columbia Shorts Department, Matthew Coniam of Carfax Abbey, Thomas Hall of Enlightened Words, Chris Well of Giant Monsters on the Loose, Aaron Neathery of The Third Banana, John Cozzoli of Zombo’s Closet of Horror, Shane Rivers of Only Good Movies, Pierre Fournier of Frankensteinia, Andre Dumas of The Horror Digest, Dave Whitney of Pete Kelly's Blog, John McElwee of Greenbriar Picture Shows, Gret Boyd on Twitter, Rogue Evolent of The Roads of Autumn Dusk, Jay Stephens of Monsterama, Kerr Lockhart of 24 Times Per Second, Chris Cummins of MovieFanFare, Billie Rae Bates of BRBTV, movie reviewer and columnist Stephen Whitty who seems to be everywhere, most especially in one of New Jersey's foremost and longest-running newspapers, The Star-Ledger and so many more... I'm probably (unintentionally) forgetting someone, and if I have, sorry about that!

I'd like to give an extra special "shout-out" (or should that be a "scream out?") to Joe Dante, John Landis and the other fine folks (legendary movie directors and/or screenwriters all) at my very favorite website, Trailers From Hell for linking to my humble site.

And how could I ever forget Hollywood's favorite character actor Daniel Roebuck who has graciously agreed to write the foreword to the "Scared Silly" book?

Of course, more than anyone, I want to thank YOU - all the Scared Silly fans out there who are following this blog through one means or another. If you weren't interested, there'd be no need for this project - it would be "cut to fade" for sure! You have been very patient with me as I dance around many other commitments in-between reviews ad I truly appreciate your loyalty.

Among those fans are many folks from the world of Laurel & Hardy, Three Stooges, Abbott & Costello and Bowery Boys fandom who I am proud to call friends! You know who you are - there are several Scared Silly fans among you - for now I'll cite but eight - Lon and Cole, two top-notch silent film aficianados who have provided great help to this project; Brent, super knowledgeable about old comedy films and the best fact-checker I know; Paul F. - the grand shiek at my Sons of the Desert tent; Sean Paul Murphy, a good pal and terrific screenwriter; Cliff "Laughing Grave" Weimer from the fabulous In the Balcony website; noted author and film historian James Neibaur; and Rob K. - one of the most enthusiastic classic comedy fans I've ever met and someone who is very introspective when it comes to these films. And truly, everyone I mentioned in the previous paragraphs fits into this category as well - they all love classic films and are good friends to me and this site.

Last but not least, as always, I also need to thank my wife for humoring me as I comandeer the TV to watch some (often creaky) old films that may tickle my funny bone but that she (understandably) might not always be in the mood to watch!

And now, here's something I shared last year which I've decided to make a New Year's Eve holiday tradition: here is Vagabond Opera performing “New Year’s Eve in a Haunted House,” composed by avant garde jazz legend Raymond Scott, the man behind many of the melodies heard in Looney Tunes cartoons:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up - and for that extraordinary Shemp pic!

    ReplyDelete