Monday, December 20, 2010

NOT RESTING ON MY LAURELS...

Stan Laurel Oliver Hardy Music Box

OKAY: Here is the post I had drafted earlier this week:

So I had this wacky idea in my head that I may spend a whole week posting reviews of Laurel & Hardy comedies leading into Christmas. And I still might do it, in whole or in part... but it dawned on me that it would be much better to post the reviews post-Christmas - in the days between Christmas and New Year's Day.

It would be better because it would give me more time to complete the reviews. So I'm not promising anything, but I'll give it my best. If nothing else I may get some (or at least one) up before the new year... be sure to check back after Christmas Day to find out!

Until then, you can read my previous Laurel & Hardy reviews - check out "The Live Ghost" by clicking here and click here to read about "Babes in Toyland," aka "March of the Wooden Soldiers."

NOW: Here is an update which I've just drafted hours before this entry posted - for both personal and professional reasons that have sprung up involving unforeseen (and both unfortunate and legitimate) circumstances, not to mention some technical difficulties it is unlikely I will be able to do a full week of Laurel & Hardy reviews as I originally intended. I will do my best to finish those reviews I've already started, with no guarantees. At the very least I hope to have at least one new Laurel & Hardy review up before the new year. So maybe I AM resting on my Laurels after all, but it's not by choice, it's by circumstance. My thanks to all for understanding.

More importantly, here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas in advance... enjoy these snowy Laurel & Hardy scenes to get you in the holiday spirit!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas from snowy London! Looking forward to those L&H reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Matthew. At this point it looks like I'll be able to get "Do Detectives Think" up if nothing else. Again, a variety of unforeseen obstacles preventing me from doing more. When all is said and done, in addition to "Toyland," "Live Ghost," and "Do Detectives Think" I'll be reviewing "Habeas Corpus," "The Laurel-Hardy Murder Case," "(The Private Life Of) Oliver the Eighth" and "A-Haunting We Will Go" for this project as well as including "A Chump at Oxford," "Dirty Work" and possibly "The Chimp" in the "horror-onable mention" section. Also the Stan solo "Dr. Pyckle & Mr. Pryde" and the Ollie solo "The Haunted Hat." Eventually... :)

    ReplyDelete