Wednesday, October 31, 2012

THE CREATURE THAT ATE HALLOWEEN

No photo for this blog post... I don't really want to "make light" of the situation (despite this post's title).

Fact is that Hurricane Sandy (dubbed "Frankenstorm" due to it colliding with another weather system that doubled its impact) has devastated a great deal of the East Coast.

For the second year straight, in my state Halloween has actually been canceled (well, at least postponed). Last year you may recall a freak snowstorm that weighed down all the tree branches and power lines and caused havoc. But that was nothing compared to this latest storm.

It seems silly to apologize but I had indeed been planning to complete and post my review of The Three Stooges in Orbit for today. It wasn't meant to be as obviously I've been occupied with other things the past few days, none the least of which is the fact that I have no power, phone or internet (I'm creating this blog post now due to the kindness of local merchants allowing me to use their wifi).

You may also recall in my last post (which you can read by clicking here) I was supposed to be giving a talk on Vincent Price tonight at another local merchant's place (the event is a Halloween dinner with entrees made from Vincent Price's recipes). That's been rescheduled to this Sunday, November 4th at 5PM.

Anyway, I just want to wish everyone out there all the best. My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the storm. I encourage everyone out there to help someone in any way you can. Even just helping one person can make a difference!

1 comment:

  1. This hurricane sounds so scary. I live nowhere near where it's happening, but I know some people who are caught in the middle of it, so I sincerely hope that they and everyone else remain okay.

    ReplyDelete