Saturday, March 5, 2022

HERE WE GO RONDO 'GAIN - THIS TIME, TWICE OVER WITH TWO RONDO AWARDS NOMINATIONS!!!


Well, it's that time again. Time for another round of Rondo Award nominations! The latest nominations (for achievements in horror entertainment, merchandising, journalism and fandom during 2021) were recently announced. And yes, for at least the eleventh (I think) time (!!!), this humble little blog about spooks and kooks, ghouls and fools, and creeps and clowns has been nominated for a Rondo award!!!

But wait... that's not all! This year, I was actually nominated twice, because not only did this Scared Silly blog get nominated, but I also got nominated in the "Best Commentator" category for my commentary track on the Haunted House epsiode of the restored Abbott & Costello Show (which I talked about here and which can be ordered here).

The Rondo Awards are the brainchild of David Colton. They are named after Rondo Hatton (you can learn more about Rondo Hatton by watching the video clip below) and are awards given to those who in some way are keeping the love for and appreciation of classic horror alive. You can learn more details about the Rondo Awards and view this year's ballot by clicking here.

To summarize, "Scared Silly" has again been nominated in the "best website" category, and so has my Abbott & Costello Show commentary track, so it is my hope that if you like this blog and the work I do, you will cast your votes for me.

Votes are due by April 17th, 2022. All voting is done by email only so you must email your picks directly to David Colton at taraco@aol.com

And don't forget, if you'd like to hear me do some live commentary in the form of an introduction and Q&A afterward, be sure to come hear me speak at the West Orange Classic Film Festival screening of BUCK PRIVATES!!! Tickets on sale at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/buck-privates-tickets-241545829077

Until then, here's a video providing some history on Rondo Hatton including a visit to his graveside - ENJOY:

No comments:

Post a Comment