Tuesday, April 28, 2020

SINK YOUR FANGS INTO THIS!


So, the other day, I mentioned my college buddy, Brendan who I still interact with over 30 years later. For those who read the blog regularly, you know a recent exchange between us led to me posting a Popeye cartoon (click here if you missed that post).

Well, Brendan is also responsible for sharing this amazing animated short with me. It truly is a thing of beauty, and in addition to starring one of the foremost movie monsters ever, has more than a hint of Fleischer Brothers and other 1930s cartoon studios like Iwerks and Van Beauren about it.

The short is the handiwork of Richard Plata, who marvelously directed it, animated it, and designed all the characters and backgrounds. He was ably assisted by Fermin Mulett, who provided an excellent job of compositing.

Both gentlemen granted me their kind permission to share it here with all my Scared Silly readers.

And for those pondering the music, it’s comprised of “A Contest of Bandes” by Arthur Pryor’s Band (1906) and “Hungarian Rag” by Conway’s Band (1913).

So, what are you waiting for? Don’t delay... after all, your enjoyment is “at stake!”


No comments:

Post a Comment