Monday, October 20, 2014

TRICK OR TREAT, TRICK OR TREAT, HERE'S A CHANCE FOR US TO MEET!

 photo paulcastigliaappearancespromoshot_zpsfc9ca6f4.jpg

Two chances, actually!

I'm doing two Halloween-themed personal appearances at East Coast comic shops over the coming days.

My first appearance will be at the famous Jim Hanley's Universe in New York City. It's all part of Halloween ComicFest 2014, a now-annual event (and companion-event to May's annual Free Comic Book Day) in which comic shops offer free spooky-themed comics to their customers and host comic book writers and authors for autograph signings.

I'll be signing alongside talented Diana Leto, she the artist and co-creator of an excellent series called The Halloween Legion that I can't recommend highly enough.

The event takes place on Saturday, October 25th from noon to 2PM. You can see more details by clicking here.

 photo HCFLogo1_zps0c1596c7.jpg

The following Saturday, November 1st at 2PM, it's "Time to Get Spooky" as Montclair, New Jersey's East Side Mags is billing it (I also like to call it "HalloweenFest Part 2"). East Side Mags is a newer comic shop on the scene, and a great one at that. Owner Jeff Beck not only is passionate about the comics hobby, but dedicated to nurturing a love of comics in younger readers, at a time when many comics fans are adults.

At this signing, I'll be autographing alongside my Archie's Weird Mysteries colleague, Fernando Ruiz, the brilliant artist of the series. See more details on this event by clicking here.

At both appearances, I will be autographing copies of the Archie's Weird Mysteries paperback collection as well as the Midnight Marquee Actor Series: Vincent Price edition to which I contributed a chapter. And I'll have plenty of free Scared Silly bookmarks to hand out, too. Hope to see you there! :)

1 comment:

  1. It would be good if more comics were SUITABLE for kids nowadays!

    ReplyDelete