Saturday, June 25, 2011

HOLD ON TIGHT!...

Three Stooges in Orbit Moe Larry Curly-Joe

Hello Scared Silly fans... thought I should check in with an update and an apology for the inactivity here as of late. As so often happens, my day job, freelance assignments and other responsibilities have made it difficult for me to update this blog as much as I'd like. I am hoping to reverse that trend a bit in the near future. On tap in the coming days: my tributes to legendary actor Peter Falk and acclaimed comic book artist Gene Colan, a note about various projects of mine currently or soon-to-be available for purchase, and a review... yes, a review... most likely of Buster Keaton's "The Haunted House." My hope is to be able to get on a fairly regular review schedule in the next few months, with an emphasis on short subjects. Thank you as always for your patience - there's more to come!

Now enjoy this clip from the movie from which I posted the photo above: "The Three Stooges in Orbit." ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Talk about fetching up on the isles of serendip:I just sent Three Stooges in Orbit back to Netflix. Enjoyed it, keeping in mind it is a late stooge entry-- had some good bits, if less physical. I thought their 'new' style cartoon created by Emil Sitka was ahead of their time.I always enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, RR. In my opinion, the later Stooges feature films are better than they're often given credit for. Sure, Joe DeRita is more on the mellow side than Curly Howard and Shemp were, and the films are obviously aimed toward the then-kiddie matinee market, but they still have a lot of comic invention and energy from the Stooges, and this one in particular is a decent send-up of both haunted house and martian flicks (a rather novel combination at that). Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete